Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sunrise service

This picture was not the greatest picture of the sunrise service but I didnt want to be disruptive and detract from the service so just visualize I'm at the bottom of the hill behind the tahoe taking this picture. They were quite a distance from the house so I could only zoom in so much. Joel said as the service started the sun came up over the mountain- they said it was gorgeous! That's the picture that i'd love to have gotten.
Joel & I got up a little after 5:00 to get the food ready and head over early to help out with directing people and helping out with the food. They had about 40 hay bails and a few blankets and the rest of the people stood.
We had our breakfast in the garage. Our Pastor and his wife set up tables for people to sit, 2 food tables, 1 little kid table and one beverage table. As you can see in the pictures below the garage was packed. It was a little chilly but nice enough for the guys who had coats on to hang out outside. We had a huge assortment of breakfast foods more than enough for our large group.

We had an awesome attendance. A large number of visitors came to our Sunrise service and the count was over 100 people. We were all very excited to see such a great turnout for something that was so early.


What a great Easter it was! oh and yes I did forget to take pictures of Joel and I and our friends. I didnt think of it until we were in the car and everyone had gone. We were beyond busy that morning.



1 comment:

  1. Nancy and you also Joel, Thank you sooo much for being you. Also for all the help you guys have been too the church. It is a pleasure having friends like you guys. He is Risen! BTW love the pics.
    Gene

    ReplyDelete