Friday, August 13, 2010

Pastors 50th Birthday

This past Sunday was a surprise party for our pastor. He didn't have any idea what was going on until we started singing happy birthday after the service. We put up some decor, I made close to 100 cupcakes arrange to make the number 50 and I also made a fake chocolate cake. After service was over everyone came to the other part of the church for gifts and cake.
Little did Gene know what was coming! We asked him to blow out the candle which was supposed to relight but that fell through but the cake stood firm! He was given a butter knife to easily cut this delicious smelling cake but couldn't. The best part was no one understood why he couldn't cut it. Finally he took his hand and put it on the "cake" to cut it and still couldn't which is where I told him that it was a roll of toilet paper decorated. I thought it was funny :)

One of our members read a poem she'd written just for the occasion, which turned out perfect.
After that he opened all of his gag gifts and enjoyed a great laugh. It's hard to see what he got but he had a nice variety of things from false teeth, retirement home papers, fossils and creams. Who said we didn't have a great sense of humor:)



1 comment: