Saturday, January 9, 2010

lovin snow!

2010! Joel and I started our new year competitivley! I got a Wii fit for Christmas and we both love it. We are constantly trying to beat each others score. It's pretty interresting to see what you end up being really good at. Joel has managed to be the master of floating down a river (I totally cant do it), soccer (which hits you in the face with a shoe if you're not looking) and a scoring game which is a balance game. Sorry I forgot the name of that one! I have mastered the ski jump and am good at snow boarding.
We are now on a church basketball team. Our first game was last Monday and we won. It happends to be at the rec center that is near our house which is great & we play other churches which is even better. It's kind of funny to see those of us who take the game seriously trying to keep our cool knowing that we're playing other churches. I may not play this next game just so I can get some good pictures.
Next on our list is to go to the caves but not until Joel gets done with his exam. He starts the big 72 hour exam on Tues.& ends on Friday. This will be a doozy and will require a lot of focus and a ton of work.


Suprisingly it has been so cold here we still have snow in our back yard. it's about 16 deg. today and windy which makes it feel even colder. I have a nice thing of rosemary in my garden which I thought all of this cold weather would freeze but I guess it got large enough this year to survive better than last year.
I cut some last night and cooked it with some broccoli, onions and olive oil and it turned out great.
I didn't get the best picture here. I honestly wasnt sure if a cop would pull up and question my reasoning for being in a section that was closed off. I got in took the picture and got out as fast as I could. This happened to be a car wash down from us. The water coming out of the pipes had frozen. I had intended to go and get a picture of the pink fluid but I think someone came and took care of it. It's still neat to look at.



I was amazed at how the guys placed this snow in the middle of the parking lot in a semi circle and then someone came and put the cart inside. All of the snow mounds that we have which is quite a lot are frozen solid, they're more like giant ice blocks.




No comments:

Post a Comment