Monday, April 26, 2010

New Adventures & Big News!

I do apologize to my faithful blog readers for not posting anything for quite some time. It's been a little challenging for a few reason which I will get to in a minute.
What a whirlwind of a year. I was pretty excited when Joel told me that he was done with classes and he could focus on his research. For some odd reason that went in my head as more me time :) well not so much. The only chance I have to get some Joel and I time is to agree to meet him on the farm and help him to some surveying which I seem to be good at cause he keeps asking me to come back & help. The big plus for me was this past week when Joel asked me to drive the bobcat and load the gravel or "soil" (I still have trouble with that one- to me soil is dirt that I put in my flower beds, rocks are gravel but he's the civil engineer. Pretty soon though I'll be getting a PHD in this if I keep helping :) )
Anyway, riding the bobcat is my absolute favorite unless Joel ask me to drive it in a spot where I know it is more likely to tip. If any one has driven one of those and it has tipped on you, you understand the heart pounding panic that you get while you make a split decision of where to move it next. There's nothing more fun that getting to load and unload the soil in different spots and driving that little thing. OK OK so I'm rambling at this point but only to tease a little bit.
On to the part about the new adventure you say, OH YES, Joel and I are going to have a baby! This is mainly why I haven't blogged very much because I knew I'd spill the beans before we should. Something this exciting is hard to keep to yourself for more than a day :)
Joel and I found this Christian agency in Tenn. that gave people the opportunity to adopt embryos so that they would also have a chance at life. Back in March Joel and I traveled to Knoxville Tenn. to complete an embryo transfer. Several weeks later we found out that it was successful and that I was pregnant. I cannot even begin to tell you how ecstatic we were.
As of this Friday I will be 9 weeks pregnant and our due date is Dec. 3rd!

1 comment: