Thursday, September 3, 2009

Busy!

Wow I feel like I haven't done any good pictures & blogging lately. As you can imagine things at the bakery have been pretty busy. We had 6 weddings this week & all the cakes are due tomorrow and Sat.I have to be in tomorrow at 6:00am to get learn some new things so that the head baker can take all of Friday off. So far all cakes are done unless I come in tomorrow morning and we have another mishap. This morning I came in thinking the majority of them were done only to find that all 6 of my 8 marble cakes were missing along with 2 yellow cakes - AHHHHH. I have learned that labeling is key here at the bakery and even if it's labeled doesnt mean it's not going to be used for something else which means for us that we have to remake the cakes which is what happened to us today. Man was it an exhausting day!!! I finally had to leave to keep from going OT but left the head baker with all of the red velvet cakes, yellow & marble cakes in the oven not to mention clean up and our favorite the MUFFINS. Neither one of us like doing the muffins because they are so time consuming, it's such a long process for 6 muffins per flavor.
We are adding new and fun recipes that I enjoy like our new Vegan pumpkin chocolate chip and now our new Vegan lime glazed cookie. I made the lemon at home tonight and they are soooo yummy. As soon as I fix the recipe around a little to keep it from being too oily I will post it.
I'm hoping to get some good pictures out soon. Joel and I could have had some great opportunities like our first snake but we were on a bike ride and I didnt bring my camera but next time I will have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment