
We arrived at the lake very eager to see what we could catch. Joel started me off with a worm and he used a fly rod. Nothing was going for the worm so I chose a popper which is my favorite. While Joel put the popper on my rod I took his fly rod and played around with the fly. I hadnt really noticed that Joel had walked around to an open spot with my popper and within a few min. he'd caught the first fish of the day which was a pretty Large Mouth Bass.

Joel had a total of 3 Large Mouth Bass & 1 Blue Gill.

The little Blue Gill was an extra
bonus, Joels 3rd catch.
My first Large Mouth Bass! I was pretty excited to get this guy. I had worked this particular spot for a while with a lot of bites but they just didnt quite swallow the hook enough for me to land them. 

Fish #2 I also caught on the other side of the lake. He was barely on the hook and super easy to get in, just a little hard to take the picture while you're holding a fish.
This little guy was my final catch of the day. Joel was on the other side of the lake while I just had to catch one more in the section that I was at so I finally caught him which in turn ended up getting hung up on some limps in the water too far out for me to get him. Joel ran around the lake and we tried everything to get him closer. Finally after many attempts to get him and save our popper we got him. This made my third fish. I was pretty happy with that and as I waited for Joel to throw him back in I felt something on my arm, I looked really close and there it was - my first tick ever!!! Oh that was it for me, fishing trip over! I looked on my arms and they were everywhere. I had sprayed a ton of tick spray but evidentally they loved it! I nearly went into a panic so Joel & I decided we needed to get home. So we packed up and of course you need to finish a successful day with an ice cream cone & there is Gander mountain on the way home too! Once we got home we made a B- line for the showers and like monkeys picked the ticks off of each other. Joel had a lot on him and hopefully we got them all off. Of course today I've never itched so much :)
Congrats on all the fish! You're turning into quite the "fisherwoman"! :-) ...the ticks...ICK!! Yep, I'm with you. The day would be totally over for me once I saw my first one. Gross!
ReplyDelete