Tuesday, December 22, 2009

nothin but snow!

Well this is one of the largest post I've done so far! There were so many pictures I just had to share them all. Sunday we went for a walk in the woods just to see the beautiful snow, get some exercise after all those delicious chocolate covered pretzels and to get out and find some deer tracks which were in plenty.
Joel and princess on a search of deer tracks.
ok I totally went back to my childhood this Christmas! I remember getting a lot of snow in Suffolk when I was little and I played in the snow until I was called to go inside. Sledding was sooo much fun and yes I had a ton of fun on this hill in Powhatan. Sat. I could hardly wait to get out in the snow and have some fun and boy did we all.



















I got Joel and man I didnt even think about standing at the bottom of the hill to get good pictures. We all stood at the top waiting our turns :)




















I think princess had just as much fun









Here Joels dad even got a turn.














On the way home we went through Staunton to go to a market we'd heard so much about and the drive was really pretty. Poor cows looked a little bored going up and down the same track.



This was our view all the way home. The highway was just fine it was the drivers that were determined to go about 20 miles under the speed limit on the left hand site riding alongside of the truckers therefore the rest of us had to maintain a "Christmas spirit".


Once we got home we had a lot of shoveling to do just to get in the driveway. I must admit I saved the large chunks to make a snowman.



















1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of snow! Looks beautiful! Have a very merry Christmas!!! Vonnie

    ReplyDelete