Thursday, December 31, 2009

One more Deer!

Joel really wanted to get one more deer under his belt before the season ended this Sat. So I suggested he go out yesterday. Around noon he finally decided he'd give it one more try and drove to Amherst (oops I've been spelling that wrong). He posted himself a little closer to where I saw the group of 4 and there she was feeding in front of the barn. He shot her once and she jumped straight off and into the woods she went. Not too far Joel found her laying down and thought he'd gotten her only to find she was playing possum. He stood right beside her trying to decide if she was really gone & in a split second she bolted up and took off. He had to track her further into the woods and finally got her. The bad part to all that was yes he had to get her all the way back to the truck which was a pretty good haul. Joel got home around 8:30 and quite exhausted but a very happy husband! I'm pretty excited about his successful year of hunting and cant wait until next year. A big thanks to Grandma Nesbit for letting Joel hunt on her property! We've really enjoyed the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment