Tuesday, August 11, 2009

BAKERY!

It's ironic how things turn out in life. Here I had an amazing experience at the bakery & was told that I'd hear from them last Thursday if I got the job. Once Thursday passed I knew that the other girl had gotten it. Disappointed, Yeah- I had really wanted to work with cakes and other bakery items. I just assumed that wasnt the job for me and what in the world was I going to do??? I figured that I'd just sub this year and make cakes from the house. I went out with several friends today to that same bakery for lunch. They have really good food asside their pastrys. As we were getting ready to order my phone rang. Who was it but the head baker. I told her I was actually in the store, so we hung up and she came out and spoke with me. She said - "do you still want the job?" It's yours if you want it. I didnt know what to say I was so shocked! Apparently they hadnt had their meeting Thursday on who they were going to hire. They gave me Sat. off which is huge for Joel and I since we're usually on the go and I will only have to work 5 days a week. I'm so excited I can barely think straight!!!
I start a new and exciting venture with plenty of good stories I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment