Saturday, August 15, 2009

First Day!

Thursday was my first official day at the bakery. I was up before 6:00am and started working at 7:00. My job was really in the bread section and it was to make scones. From 7:00am - 2:00pm I did nothing but make scones. I can practically make them in my sleep at this point and without looking at the recipe. I am under a lady who can pretty much do it all in my book. She runs the back extremely well. She does the bread section and the cake section. Starting on Tuesday we will both be working together strictly on cakes the other section for breads will be done by the new french pastry chef that has come in. I've enjoyed watching the things that he makes. Everything looks and smells heavenly. You're constantly hungry but there is no time to eat.

Thursday while making the chocolate chip scones I was told that I had done them incorrect. Instead of putting the chips in the dough like I thought I was supposed to put a certain amount in each weighed out section. Each mix is to be divided into several sections and weighed - oops! I nearly had heart failure but she said I was fine it would work ok.

Friday morning I came in and come to find out the manager liked how I mixed the chips in the dough and then had them sprinkled on top so from now on they'd make them that way - that made me feel good!!! Deep breath released :) What an extremely hot day. The hotter it is outside you can guarantee the kitchen will be about 5-10deg. hotter where we are. I find myself lingering in the walk in freezer just to cool off, oh how good it feels. I will be very excited when it starts to get cooler.

1 comment:

  1. o.k., so you answered my question that I emailed - we have been pretty busy so I haven't been able to keep up on my blog checking :) Congratulation!!! I'm sure you will do awesome!!

    ReplyDelete