Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 2

The alarm went off this morning way too early and once I headed out of the house and realized the sun wasnt even out yet I knew it was wayyy too early. I arrived at the bakery at 6:00am and several people looked like they'd been there for a while. Today was my day on cakes. I was very excited little did I know how much more work it was going to be & once your feet are already tired from the day before it makes it so much harder to stay standing in one spot. I put on a nice fresh white apron only to become discolored by the many things that I had touched that day and what's the point of wearing an apron when you look down and your clothes under the apron has just as much on them??? Yes, I was filthy but it was so much fun! I made Germon chocolate cakes, yellow bundt cakes, chocolate cakes, yellow & marble cupcakes and a ton of assorted large muffins -you know the ones. When you look and see these gigantic oversized cupcakes that are stuffed with chocolate chips or fruit yep I got to make those. Ok I now have so much more appreciation for the person who makes those. I made 6 pans of 8 in each and it took me a while. The majority of the time I spent in the freezers looking for the special yummies that went inside. One of the ingredients I was told was in the outside walk in freezer, so off I went determined to find these apples out of the building and in this freezer that felt a lot colder than yesterday. I looked through every box and container and nothing, I was half frozen so I had to go back to the baker & tell her I couldnt find them oh they had been moved to the other freezer another baker said. Ha I was so cold!!! When those things were done I did a little cheer! Everything we made came out beautiful and the smell well it's a good thing I have a cold cause what I could smell was pretty wonderful.

Oh, did I mention that while I was on my way to baking Joel met up with a guy and went fly fishing. Yes, that was a little hard cause I wanted to go fishing with him just as much as I wanted to work in the bakery but I had to make a decision. He had a great time and I'll post his excersion later on when I get his pictures.

1 comment: