Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

A little over a month ago I found out that one of my friends at our church was planning on redecorating our church nursery. It is in much need of new decor. furnishings and a little construction to divide the toddlers from the newborns. The funds were smaller than she was planning so it hit me why not raise money for it? So I did! I decided what perfect timing with Valentines day being right around the corner. I came in Friday and Joel and I put up the tables, so that they would face the stage for our game. That afternoon I met Darlene, Gene & Paula and we started our decorating. We wanted to make it delicate and yet different and I think we accomplished that.


The arch was my plan for our photo op and it couldn't have turned out any better. Darlene, Paula and I did the decor and our Pastor put the all challenging arch together. Lets just say that will be on a list of replacing :)

For our centerpieces on the table I chose goldfish. My plan was to give them to the children that helped me. So I made a point of not buying the fish until the afternoon of the banquet. At a certain point during the banquet I was thanking the children for all their hard work and told them they each were going to be able to take the goldfish home and everyone said almost simultaneously - They're dead!!! I nearly gasp- yes those fish all died during the dinner and so while all of our guest were eating their dessert they were also watching the fish float to the top! ohhh how horrible.




We ended up with a great turnout & boy was I pleased with how well the kids did.














































































The children were the waiters and waitresses. They did such a great job. As our guest arrived the children would take the adults to their tables. Each child was assigned a table to take care of and served drinks, dinner and dessert. After our dinner the adults played a game while the kids took a brownie break and watched a movie. After that we went to dessert.


















I unfortunately was not able to take as many pictures as I had hoped because well I had kids, and the kitchen to keep looking after so Joel ended up taking pictures of everyone who came and then I got in what I had time for.

















These were the kids that worked with me to make the banquet such a great success. I had the 2 older girls that were directing the kids while I was taking care of the food and other events. We ended up raising over $200 for the nursery. I could not have been happier with how everything turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment