Friday, April 30, 2010

Society

Joel is now an official member of the Chi Epsilon Honors Society of Civil Engineers. Last night he had his induction ceremony which sounded pretty interresting. Before they allowed the soon to be new members in they blind folded them and had them walk in a line into the room. Once everyone was in place they then remained blindfolded. You kind of wonder at this point what exactly they had planned but their reason for this was they would listen better to the rules etc. that was said if they stayed blindfolded. Once that was done they took the blindfolds off and proceeded to call their names and accept them into the society. The each got a certificate and a pretty pin that had their first initials and last name engraved on the back.
No I was not invited. I had several ladies here ask me if I was going & I just laughed and said they didn't invite me this was the real deal :)
Joel had a good time and what a fun experience!!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Joel! You da man!!!! Blindfolded and all ;-)

    ReplyDelete